Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Casper

Observations in Dreamtime

15 posts in this topic

It's been suggested that I start a topic with my observations from playing Witanlore: Dreamtime. (thanx hana)

But I figured we could all use it. 

During my first run through Dreamtime the first odd thing I noticed... was that the sword that I procured from (can't recall his name) has worse stats than the weapon I was replacing it with.

Others might come and contradict me, but I would guess that if you bought the weapon then the seller fooled you :D Caveat Emptor. 

Thanks for this thread Casper - keep it up with all your observations.

strangely enough... that's the only thing that's really stood out, thus far. or at least the only thing worth mentioning. that's kind of strange in and of itself, don't you think?

---edit

actually, it's my birthday today... so it's kind of like the early access with dreamtime kind of feels like an early birthday gift. and, no i'm not actually that self obsessed. that's kind of an observation, no?

Edited by Casper

Yup, happy birthday Casper. Kind of a cool coincidence.  Another emote I want back > :cookie4u:

Happy birthday Casper!

On 2017-01-25 at 4:48 PM, Grond said:

Others might come and contradict me, but I would guess that if you bought the weapon then the seller fooled you :D Caveat Emptor. 

Thanks for this thread Casper - keep it up with all your observations.

Well. Narbo would sell his mother's sandals if he had the opportunity, we shouldn't be surprised :)

something else i noticed (and i think someone else might have mentioned something along these lines though)... the seer is blind; however, he has lit candles in and around his hut. is he pulling a fast one on us again?

Edited by Casper

The candles are a courtesy to the pilgrims who come to see him, as well as serving to cleanse the spiritual energies in the hut 

well, that explains that. but, i'm still not completely convinced... lit candles on a table near a few books, seems like someone likes to read at night. so, i guess he doesn't have a secret... um, visitor... does he?

Kia ora

Maybe they warming his paws while he scrolls over the brail, blind people are not living in total blackness, keep in mind that some blind while can't see to function can see dark and like

While I'm at it I put a wee wall of text on steam should I have put it here, I will and those with the power can fell free to erase if need be

As I said in the keybindings thread I like the F key for first/third person, it reachable while moving, I went into a Cave near the game start, had to find a kid, nough said right, anyway it was black as pitch in there and the textures where mostly the same or similar and I fall into the water stuc cause I could not see, I loaded a save and the cave took a whole new look and was lit normaly. I feel there needs to be a little more notice either visually or sound, maybe both for equiping things, if theres is more of a sound than that clunk I did not hear it as a hearing impaired person, so there for was not sure if I had change armours or weapons, the same was my expereance whe beating on a boar, it was fr me hard to tell if I was hitting or not. I look at what I'm hitting so I did not notice for some time the line colour changing in the circle with the slash's in it.

With that said,.. Bloody cracker guys, I'm enjoying this so far, drop us some torchs tho, dark as for us half blind ole geezzers at night

the only option i know of in such a situation atm, is to use the fast-forward function and bring morning back, then tackle the cave.

Kia ora

Not sure where else I should put this but it seems fitting that the tile suits

These three wee videos I hope will help you see what I see and give more info accurately than I could write

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nynown7nfi2dq35/2017-08-31 17-33-04.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48fr0180ahsszw2/2017-08-31 17-38-39.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62egavkyw6817zp/2017-08-31 17-45-54.mp4?dl=0

I don't know if your design is more to play in third person or not, Oh and while I'm thinking of it I wonder if the first person camera doesn't need to move lightly left and turn a little to make the view look straight ahead rather than jus straight forward from the over shoulder third person

Any way hope this helps

Kia ora

Shame this is not being followed up with, I know there's a lot going on BUT a month or more at time and no responses from Dev's

i spend most of my time playing in first person, hadn't noticed a misalignment with the first person view. though i might just be loosing my touch.