Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lilith

Welcome to Druid Gameworks! Come In and Introduce Yourself!

375 posts in this topic

Welcome to Druid Gameworks!

Congratulations for finding your way here! We are a very friendly and welcoming community, anyone is welcome whether you're here just to observe, participate, or just chat and be part of our community.

Reply here and introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about you, what you like or don't like, games you play or just say Hi!

We look forward to seeing you round the forums!

aa_wave.gif

Hi, I'm 1shoedpunk. Gamer, writer, modder, and as of the other day, modeler too. I think it's great that skilled modders are putting their skills towards an endeavor like this and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Well time I join up and introduce myself. I'm Vouivre, aspiring game designer, developer, dreamer and gamer. Um... yea that's bout it I'm not good at these things :lol:

Howdy Don! :D And howdy everyone - nice to meet again on new territory.

As for me: I am a player - well, only two games in the last years, Oblivion for 5 years and Skyrim since release and hopefully Druid Gamework productions in the years to come. And I have been a (unofficial) beta tester for many mods meanwhile.

I am modding a little bit (not much content to show). I have a little knowledge in Nifskope (less content to show). And I am trying to learn something new every day to keep my brain going. :)

Ok..Ok . in the spirit of Tamira`s post, I`ll log in here,... My name is Donnato and I`m a gameaholic ... I am not recovering nor repentant .. I will continue to download and play games that I likely won`t finish anytime soon... You can keep your step help programs because I probably won`t finish those either. I have come under the influence of programs like Blender and Gimp, also to include Photoshop. I see visions of things that are not, and wonder why...this fuels my drive .. Is this a bad thing..? I think not...but then again...who am I to judge....:coolup:

Hey all!

Glad to see the pursuit of development alive and well within the oceanic ranks of modders. I stumbled on the hiring ad over at the nexus and hopped on over.

Application sent, but regardless of the result, I sub'd to updates to see how everything rolls out.

Cheers fellas (and lasses),

P

PS. Don, I expect to see a braid in your beard the next time I come to town.

Heheh...hello DogTooth, nice to meet ya.  ...got a bit of growing before that...maybe for Moddercon..:lmao:

Might as well put my name in here, even though many of the regulars already know me.

I used to do modding for Morrowind and Oblivion, but since attending university have branched out to look at developing my own games, rather then just modding. Unlike most my interests lying in building game engines, graphics rendering and in project managment, a little outside the regular indie-development area.

So hi! :)

Hey guys, just dropping in to give my support for this venture, I'm really looking forward to watching this grow into a functional project. Just remember, I'm hoping for stunning scenery and locations for screenshooting :P

Greetings, everyone.

I'm also known as guinolas on another community, and I'm thrilled to see what Druid Gameworks and its community can bring in.

You have my full support.

Hail and welcome guinolas!  The Portuguese language is like a song to hear, and I feel that way not only because I dated a woman whose native tongue was Portuguese.  :)

I've made a few posts here... it's time for me to properly introduce myself! (But mostly re-introduce myself XD) Many of the people coming over from TESA recognize me) TL;DR version - Hi! My nickname is Jello, and I like doing stuff involving creatures! Especially scaly ones. :D

Too short; didn't read version:

My username is listed as Jheuloh, which is a name I made up back in 2009 and stuck with as my internet handle because it did not come up in google search results (Not even "Did you mean this?" came up.) The point of it was the novelty of a "homebrew-word", and also so as to minimize instances of someone reserving the name before I did (which to date has never happened. I did once reserve my name and forgot about it until trying to re-register though. :o) But some of the people here who recognize me from TESA will call me Jello, and there's a funny story as to why.

See, I made up the name in early 2009 but never used it until a few months later, and TESA was the last website (and pretty much the only one I was a regular of at that point), to be indoctrinated into my plans for a universal internet handle. A few days or weeks after I had received the name change on the official website for TESA, the website was down for upgrading purposes I believe, but so as to minimize the pain & agony of the website being down, there was a "satellite" website in place, where I was called "Jello" in jest by DarkRider. That fateful night has never been lived down. :lmao:

My TES-modding history has been very small and humble compared to many of us here, with only one publically released mod for TESIV: Oblivion - "Wilson the Clannfear" and that was in mid-2008. Over the years, I made several unreleased mods involving tweaking of settings, a few choice items tailor made for my cast of characters, custom horses, and some pets that were more or less Wilson duplicates without the numerous recolors. It's sort of become my singular-goal for TES modding to create a creature-companion entirely from scratch - where models, animations, and sounds are my own work rather than deriving from any premade assets. It's been a long time since starting that goal, but I shall persist.

For not directly TES related things, I've learned the basics of using Paint.Net, blender, audacity, etc but haven't really mastered any of those progams or the skillsets that they facilitate, but I have been veering towards the direction of sound design, starting with creature sound effects, and I've been branching out from there into creation of loops and foley effects, recording sound effects, etc. I've also been deeply involved with the community of Primal Carnage (aka PC - have some fun mixing that up with personal computer :P), a little game released in august 2012 in which the central role is FPS style humans vs 3rd person playable dinosaur team. I've become a moderator and quality-assurance tester over there, the latter has given me an enormous amount of insight as to what really goes on (or what can potentially happen) behind the curtains of game development and springboarded my connections that I may call upon (or be called upon) in the future.

My fling in moderation for the Primal Carnage forums is payback for everytime I've been a pain in the neck of forum-staff across the lands of the internet. :rofl:

In real life, the gamer-side of me tends to be overshadowed by my interest in drawing and science (most especially biology/zoology.) If you don't explode after seeing the phrase tetrapod zoology, welcome the party! I've got a very strong interest in animal life, and it will show in games as I tend to be the guy who plays the animal-based shapeshifter or beastmaster class (and if I can mod a game, make myself some pets!) :D In real life I also have pets, my current one being a bearded dragon, she's my special/precious, but in due time I'll be acquiring more lizards, gotta catch em all! The kind of things I draw are mostly creatures (and once again, scaly creatures. I tend to favor dragons, wyverns, and "drakes" though, and other fantasy things.)