Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TimesChu

witanlore
Still Alive?

3 posts in this topic

So, the devs for Witanlore have been noticeably silent for a while now. The latest update was in July, and they haven't updated the Dev Blog since May, nor can I find any recent posts here in the forums about the game's status. I've seen devs dump a game into Early Access, then get bored and leave it. I'm really hoping this neat game won't end up the same.

Witanlore is extremely ambitious for a small studio, so I'd understand why someone would maybe cut their losses and leave it, but it'd feel less underhanded if they at least said they were doing that.

Everything is still alive. The devs  have said that the next update is a large one so they'll be busy with that right now.

Also, the Indiegogo campaign starts in October, so prepping that will have kept things busy. Here's the prelaunch page https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-witanlore-dreamtime-on-steam-early-access-rpg-adventure/coming_soon

If you're on Twitter then you can get some updates there from @DruidGameworks. I know from my experience that writing something for the public is difficult and time consuming so a quick tweet takes away less development time than a full update. Especially without a full-time PR-type person.