Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rspano128

Lurker's Den

175 posts in this topic

Potentially explicit

Big bold glaring red letters that make

you want to look at them, Batteries not included. You've just

subscribed to a lifelong subscription of

publisher's clearing house. Enjoy the next

40 odd years of junkmail that will be passed

down to your children without consent. O,k.

not really, but it sounded likely.

Do you lurk? Troll. Stalk. Vegetate. Any other derivative of the form. Have you ever had the urge to post something so  :offtopic:  and random that you felt like guilty, dull, or a disruption of a topic, heartfelt or otherwise? Don't direct that toward a serious topic, or let it affect your serious response. Release it here!  You don't even need to type. In fact it is probably better that you don't. Don't contain it and stew until you explode... 

To be continued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_hAVZLKE8

I'm writing here cause I don't know or want what I say offend a topic, a person or anything, it's just an opinion but the music I heard reminds me of when I listen to Celtic Thunder and Celtic Woman. It's very soothing. Make fun if you want but I'm a worry-wart about this sometimes.

About the music? That's not a bad thing. I personally think a solid soundtrack that fits the mood of the region is an essential part of keeping you engrossed in a game, but that is just my opinion of course. One of the first mods I download on my games is usually a music mod. Whether or not you fill it with lore friendly content is entirely at your discretion.

About the music? That's not a bad thing. I personally think a solid soundtrack that fits the mood of the region is an essential part of keeping you engrossed in a game, but that is just my opinion of course. One of the first mods I download on my games is usually a music mod. Whether or not you fill it with lore friendly content is entirely at your discretion.

Thank you and I also agree. By the way, the title of this forum just gave me an idea. . . have a really nasty, tough as heck monster called Lurker who loves to give cities heck whenever it can!  I am being totally random aren't I? :dizzy: Sorry.

It might be an off topic thread, but don't fill it with spam ;)

I might add.. Site rules still apply. Play nice folks. :D

Of course I am hoping for more of the satire and randomness we have been seeing lately but I expect we will know enough to keep it within the boundaries of reason and courtesy.  :coffee:

It might be an off topic thread, but don't fill it with spam ;)

There is a population of people that consider spam their equivalent of what bacon is to me.  It can go with nearly anything, and makes it that much better.

Just Saiyan.

Also, is anything truly ever random? Or do we simply not know the seed?  Discuss.

There is a population of people that consider spam their equivalent of what bacon is to me.  It can go with nearly anything, and makes it that much better.

Just Saiyan.

Also, is anything truly ever random? Or do we simply not know the seed?  Discuss.

Yeah, there is something random. . .wait for it. . . Pink Fluffy Kittens Flying Kites! :P Sorry, couldn't help myself.

While incredibly cute and off the wall, it might not fit what some people mean when they say random.  If, to you, random means unexpected and off the wall, then you've mostly nailed it (hearing off the wall stuff after saying random may not exist is a fairly common occurrence, try it, I'm sure you'll experience something similar).  But if random means completely unable to be predicted, well, it would be very easy to write a program that pulls words from lists in the form of " [non-color adjective] [noun] [verb ending in -ing] [noun]!", and by analyzing the random number generator's seed, the word selection algorithm, along with the word lists, we could predict exactly when the program would say "Pink Fluffy Kittens Flying Kites!" every single time.

Ultimately, it's the so far unverifiable difference between causation and probability.  For purposes of gaming experience, lots of stuff seems completely random, and the seeming is all that matters.  That type of random increases replay value.

While incredibly cute and off the wall, it might not fit what some people mean when they say random.  If, to you, random means unexpected and off the wall, then you've mostly nailed it (hearing off the wall stuff after saying random may not exist is a fairly common occurrence, try it, I'm sure you'll experience something similar).  But if random means completely unable to be predicted, well, it would be very easy to write a program that pulls words from lists in the form of " [non-color adjective] [noun] [verb ending in -ing] [noun]!", and by analyzing the random number generator's seed, the word selection algorithm, along with the word lists, we could predict exactly when the program would say "Pink Fluffy Kittens Flying Kites!" every single time.

Ultimately, it's the so far unverifiable difference between causation and probability.  For purposes of gaming experience, lots of stuff seems completely random, and the seeming is all that matters.  That type of random increases replay value.

I don't mean for the kittens to be part of the game. . .I just needed to type something funny at that time. .sorry. For random in game, how about running into giant trap door spiders after getting to a certain level? You have to admit that it would be scary.

Gosh I've had a busy week. First I had job interviews then I've had to babysit my baby cousin who is only a joy for the first hour. . .then nightmares of pigs. This is exhausting!

Gosh I've had a busy week. First I had job interviews then I've had to babysit my baby cousin who is only a joy for the first hour. . .then nightmares of pigs. This is exhausting!

Isn't it only Monday or did I oversleep? :)

Isn't it only Monday or did I oversleep? :)

I'm talking about last week, although I just wanted to sleep in today but my dog just had to shove her nose in my face. When she's up, everyone else has to get up. It's cute for about one day.

I just found out that my sister has been on the website but apparently she didn't know who BeastQueen was. . .I've told her a million times to see this and what name I was using and to even make her own account. I swear sometimes that girl. This just shows that she is such a good listener. . .(nope)

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I hope everyone here has many things or people they are thankful for :) Tomorrow I will post up some of the things I am thankful for this year.

I sure have. all the love and support of friends and family all through my life being the tops. :D All are gone now...but the memories remain.

@Donnato - From your remarks, I wondered if by any chance you have elven blood? :happy:

Finally Thanksgiving (28 Nov.) is here in the United States! First off I want to wish the team a Happy Thanksgiving. Now I know the going has been very slow, virtually an uphill climb. Even then we surely have people and events we are thankful for (like us perhaps :wink: )

Personally I have had a lot to be thankful for this year thus far. I have been very blessed to have been able to afford to pledge and support deserving projects such as this, to be debt free, to honestly not having to worry about where my next meal is going to come from. This is a small thing to some, but to many it is a matter of going hungry or worse. Winter is encroaching and I am reminded to pray for warmth, hospitality and for some love to those who are still out in the cold, who are still looking and not finding what they are looking for. May you all be blessed as the year draws to a close.

To be where I am today, average working class, neither rich or wanting, I am thankful to all the people (including my parents, family) who have been instrumental to helping me get here. And this goes out to everyone else who has been supportive on the side, giving timely advice, a little nudge now and again. Thank you.

I also want to thank the team, for without you guys Unwritten would never have a chance of being made.

Finally and this probably is not a surprise: I wish to thank God! He pulled me out of a low point in life about two years ago. As I write this, I feel blessed to have experienced what I had gone through then, and be here today having had my life turn around.

To everyone on the team, to everyone on these forums, once again I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. May you all count your blessings and ... count them twice!

Im_Not_a_Turkey.gif

I have to say I am thankful for good friends. I am 3500 miles away from any family, and the past year my survival in terms of having a place to live and meeting the lowest tier of the hierarchy of needs has been due to the generous help of a few good people. 

I have to say I am thankful for good friends. I am 3500 miles away from any family, and the past year my survival in terms of having a place to live and meeting the lowest tier of the hierarchy of needs has been due to the generous help of a few good people. 

:glomp:   rspano - If you are at all religious, I will say to you "Keep the faith brother!" and if you are not, you got to remember there is always a better tomorrow. Be strong, there is always Hope.