Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Skyforger

How did you start modding/game developing? Tips and tricks?

88 posts in this topic

That reminds me of either a cataclysm or the death ray hitting Alderaan :)

Do these pics animate or are they only static?

cloth_zpsb46d6ffd.png

Yay :P  I think it looks good :)

Also I tried making some wood and rock texture in photoshop. It came out looking like this:

woodtexture_zpsbe8a4594.jpg

The borders look a bit weird but atleast It looks like wood XD

rocktexture_zps4ffbabfc.jpg

The rock texture looks like this. Is it a bit too bright? Any advice on how to create better textures?

The glass bowl is really well done, the wooden surface is good too. Instead I reserve my nitpick for the stone. At first glance it did not occur to me it was a stone. Maybe I am more familiar with rocks and stone in shades of gray, brown, etc. Or maybe that is just me ... you decide.

hmm I think your texture is closer to a black and white photo of a rock if that helps. Hmm and if I am not wrong, rocks can have more visibly uneven, bumpy, sharp edges. My impression is your texture is maybe a little too smooth. The location of the rock will affect its appearance, how did it get there, was it chipped off, smashed off from a bigger piece, the environment it is in can shape the rock, the minerals in the rock gives it color and texture, all of which will affect someone's perception of the object, the realism of it. And I also think you had zoomed in on the rock perhaps too much. If I were to look closely at something, I would be expecting a lot of detail. Level of detail is also a factor here.

Hope this is more clear :) Keep up the good work!

I once played around with scanning sheets of tin foil both smooth and crumpled in different ways for a texture base. then used artistic modifiers in PS, and , found/made some brushes to mess with as well. This saved me a ton of time trying to paint a base.

So I just made these. As I watch the tutorials I'm beginning to do the stuff even before he says to do it XD

water_zpsa7df458a.png

I just want to eat those :dizzy:

poolballs_zpscaabf0ef.png

:ball:

ball_zpsfa669d9b.png

That's all for today folks! I'm going to get coffee now. :coffee:

I like the fact that I can see the blue ball in the black one :good:

Well, I'm running out of complement :lmao: When can I start recruiting you for my mod project? :D

Kia ora

Is the rock a weathed chalk face maybe?

BTW the dude doing that chain tutorial is awsome, as IS said videos are hard to follow but he's slow and clear

and easy enough to follow.

I tries to make a rock Caven in 3D max the other day and got things looking how I wanted but when I exported

it I found one axis shrunk and the doorway was floating, so I envey your skill man, remembering things is so hard

for me

Well done

Thank you all :flower:

I totally forgot to add the wooden cup yesterday so here it is.

cup_zpsd925a61d.png

Oh well. I think the other jobs were better. :tesa:  What's next?

Thank you IS! That is encouraging coming from the art department lead!  :tongue: I want to learn! More! More!  :devil:

Kia ora

Whats the import/export from Blender to Skyrim like now for things like static's?

Kia ora

Thanks mate, maybe I should stick with 3D Max then and hope the student free keeps going

Little something I'm working on... I just started sculpting. I have no idea what to do with it now! :rofl:

head_zpsa55ee163.jpg