Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Donnato (23 July 2014 - 03:01 AM) :sodapop:
Donnato (20 July 2014 - 11:56 PM) :icecream:
Witty (20 July 2014 - 07:35 AM) Sorry Don, I was watching the live Quakecon event and fell asleep.... :salute:
Donnato (20 July 2014 - 12:55 AM) :cookie:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 09:47 PM) How`s things doc?
Witty (19 July 2014 - 09:34 PM) Don :salute:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 09:06 PM) Hiya Witty. :taco:
Witty (19 July 2014 - 08:58 PM) Good evening peeps :salute:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:30 AM) :D
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:22 AM) Crap I forgot about the other chats I have open...brb
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:19 AM) I was going to change your (wave) earlier but... I thought you wanted it like that.
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:14 AM) :rofl:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:12 AM) Hmmm .. odd that didn`t work... :pint:
DarkRider (19 July 2014 - 03:12 AM) Donno change my emote to pint :rofl:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 03:10 AM) Mmmm .. Sam Adams ice cream float... :D
DarkRider (19 July 2014 - 03:10 AM) :pint:
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) ..and I need a beer ... brb in a bit.
Arion (19 July 2014 - 02:53 AM) May drop off line for a couple.. Need to set up new tablet for wife on wifi. brb
DarkRider (19 July 2014 - 02:50 AM) I think the DL count only shows if the thumbnail isn't rendering because it's not visible for me either :)
Donnato (19 July 2014 - 02:49 AM) Yeah.. no big.

Photo

Druid Gameworks Announces Witanlore: Dreamtime

* * * * * 1 votes Dreamtime Mobile Games iOS Android Windows PC RPG

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DarkRider

DarkRider

Senior Project Manager

• Druid Gameworks
  • 760 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO, United States

Druid Gameworks Announces...

ThreadGraphicNew_zps5b7fa0a9.png

Platform_zps2a3197a5.png

WhatIsDreamtime2_zpsb796eec3.png

Druid Gameworks is now actively developing a short prelude title in the Wintanlore series for Windows PC titled Witanlore: Dreamtime.

Dreamtime is expected to release on Steam semi episodically with the first episode retailing for around $3.99-4.99 USD. The official publish date is yet to be decided but our goal is to have it on the digital shelves this year! 

Thanks to the generous donations of our supporters in the Druid Origin Guild, we have been able to suspend mobile development and focus our efforts on making a great game for PC gamers to enjoy!

Storyline2_zps38823841.png

In Dreamtime, the player assumes the role of a young Ursine from one of four main tribes, who's destiny has not yet been determined. At the game's start, they have reached the age of maturity known as the Chut’que (chewt kay) a time to undergo an honored ritual, the dreaming.  Guided by the clan seer, the dreaming is an astral journey where Ursines travel into the spirit world to stand before their patron god and receive divine messages about their destiny.

However, things will not be so easy for our intrepid player.  For the first time in the long oral history of the tribes, the dreaming does not go as planned. The player finds more than a god waiting for them in the mists and is left with disconcerting images of a shrouded figure whose intent seems far from benevolent.   

The story’s focus hinges upon the fate of an ancient relic, more specifically several artifacts which make up a whole and the player’s quest to retrieve them in an attempt to avert the looming threat foreshadowed in their vision. Through this journey the player will unravel the true purpose of the lost relic and of the Ursine tribes entrusted to its safekeeping, but will it be enough to divert the danger away from their family and homeland?

Features2_zps8ba1343b.png

• Rich Cultural Histories
  • Unique Explorable Landscapes
  • Multiple Ursine Tribes to Choose From
  • Choices & Consequences
  • Crafting & Trading
  • Dungeon Diving & Rewards
  • Unique Weaponry with Tribal Bonuses
  • Questing
  • Mobile Mini Games
  • Role-playing Immersion Focus
  • And much, much, more!

ConceptArt2_zps90e1fab1.png

Characters01_zpsff4409da.jpg

Characters02_zps32383ac0.jpg

Temple_zps4c29681e.jpg

Dreamworld_zpsfb1c1c23.jpg

Sewig_zps6d6059a5.jpg

CanyonExt_zps919be348.jpg

CanyonInt_zps0fd7a54d.jpg

Media2_zpsb53a9f9c.png

Listen on Soundcloud.com

SupportUs_zps80282060.png

Want to be part of making the Witanlore series a reality and earn some cool swag at the same time? You can still support Druid Gameworks and all of our works in development by making a donation in our community donation tracker 

For just a $5 donation you will earn a membership to the Druid Origin Guild! This membership entitles you to access the members-only guildhall forum where you can get early access to updates, exclusive content, early access to playable demos, contests, and much more! Other perks include special ranking, guild tags, badges you can earn, and a chance to be drawn from our beta pool for beta test participation! Click the image below to see what reward tiers you can donate to! Thanks to all of our supporters so far, we couldn't have made it here without you!

Banner_Origin_zps775adce1.jpg

Banner_Media_zps7ed3ae23.jpg

462d152d-dcab-4c47-a8c7-a05901734ea0_zps

SpecialSig2_zpsc9865338.png

Please be kind to one another - click rep_up_zpsd0997965.png on posts that are kind and/or helpful to give cookies!

Blessed

Blessed

Druid

• Origin Guild
  • 202 posts

:dizzy:

I am still reeling from the excitement :) One big question I got is what sort of character customization options we can potentially look forward to? I am guessing facial appearance, body shape, fur color, tribal tattoos are selectable ... can we select gender? I am guessing we get to choose the tribe our Ursine will originate from, will that give some bonuses unique to each tribe? Do we only get to explore Ursine culture and histories? Will any of the other races show up in the game with some degree of interaction? Given the many features listed, I am expecting a fairly linear experience, or perhaps we can expect an open world kind of gameplay? On mini-games, I am thinking our Ursine can hunt small game for food, we can try our luck at the mystic merchant for nice gear. Will the enemies scale to our Ursine level? I am hoping not. Will there be some degree of randomness to the dungeons?

Velinestra

Velinestra

Guildsman

• Origin Guild
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNJ

Looking forward to this! I'll definitely purchase for Kindle and PC! :woohoo: 

Tamira

Tamira

Dreamer

• Origin Guild
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGermany

:clap: Now is the time for waiting, waiting, waiting ... (I can only use the edition for the PC)

@Guin: What a great theme! Added it at once to my favorite playlist. :wub:

N1k088

N1k088

Apprentice

• Origin Guild
  • 55 posts
  • LocationItaly

Me too, I have to wait pc version.... anyway great incipit =)

Hypno

Hypno

Novice

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
Looks like my iPhone battery is going to be taking a hit...

- Hypno

Sinandross

Sinandross

Layman

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGenova - ITA

Ohhh! This is good news!!! One copy for me :icecream:

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Layman

• Origin Guild
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well I have to admit that I am not playing any games on my android mobile phone but reading that there will be a pc version some time awakes my interests. ;-)

BeastQueen1

BeastQueen1

Apprentice

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWatson Chapel, Arkansas

Yay! Really looking forward to this although I'll first have to save for one of these devices so I can play. I also just love the music! :dance:

Hypno

Hypno

Novice

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but will the PC version of Dreamtime be moddable? If so, how in-depth will it be? Will there be a CK-type program where we can build our own levels/quests/etc? Or will it be more like texture/mesh replacing?

- Hypno

Blessed

Blessed

Druid

• Origin Guild
  • 202 posts

I was hoping for more choices, but we wouldn't want the whole continent to be overrun with pandas. The concept art seem to hint each tribe will have armor / clothing that is unique to that tribe. Looks very interesting, just need more details :)

DarkRider

DarkRider

Senior Project Manager

• Druid Gameworks
  • 760 posts
For Dreamtime we have to develop with a number of limits in mind, size for one. All the bears can use one set of animations for example, where as the races in Echoes would require a unique set of animations per race and take more space.

Making Dreamtime an Ursine tale keeps our assets to a manageable size limit, and we designed the various subcultures to give players variety :D

Each tribe will have unique features, including unique architecture, equipment and stats :ok:

Please be kind to one another - click rep_up_zpsd0997965.png on posts that are kind and/or helpful to give cookies!

graylobo

graylobo

Guildsman

• Origin Guild
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL, USA

i noticed on the last mail to the kickstarter you guys posted about the

The Mountain Tribe: Icecore

sens you are still working on a name how about the polar core? there polar bears after all. just my 2 cents.

The first casualty in bsttle... is always the plan.

BeastQueen1

BeastQueen1

Apprentice

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWatson Chapel, Arkansas

I love the art guys! I honestly wish I could draw like that.  I'm going to get this on pc.  I'm personally stuck between either the Panda and the Polar. I really hope things go according to plan guys!

DarkRider

DarkRider

Senior Project Manager

• Druid Gameworks
  • 760 posts

Updated the OP with new concept art! :dance:

Blessed

Blessed

Druid

• Origin Guild
  • 202 posts

@DarkRider

And a very good concept art it is too! This is likely a scene in the dreamscape, a reason for the floating lights and the all around hazy look. The statue is of one of the Ursine patron Gods? Or more likely of an Ursine hero? The God should more likely be in the Temple. Together with the Temple, it all points to a pilgrimage, which would fit with the whole Ursine coming of age ritual. I got no clue on the purple disc at the foot of the statue. Is that a pool or a portal to a location? There be steps leading up to the pool, another part of the ritual?

This is all speculation on my part :)

DarkRider

DarkRider

Senior Project Manager

• Druid Gameworks
  • 760 posts

New Concept Art for the OP!

Sewig_zps6d6059a5.jpg

This image portrays the village of Sewig, the ancestral home of the Blackclaw Tribe and the player's starting point in Dreamtime regardless of race chosen. An idyllic setting where young ursa run about playfully and the old contemplate their pipes while talking about their glorious pasts. This is the hearth of Ursine life and the beginning of your story, where you have friends, family, traditions and ties. Will you have the courage to leave your home and venture into an uncertain fate?

Blessed

Blessed

Druid

• Origin Guild
  • 202 posts

concept art +1 :)

That is a very peaceful scene. Will wrestling be in as a mini-game?

Trendane

Trendane

Layman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Absolutely stunningly beautiful concept art! I absolutely love this sort of thing.

--
Trendane Sparks
Looking at the future...in retrospect.
I'm not crazy...I'm merely sane in the same way that Velveeta is cheese.

Donnato

Donnato

• Moderators
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSo.Cal

Can`t wait to see it on screen. :P

DreamtimeSig02_Style01_zps5f9b2e0d1_zpse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users