Welcome to Druid Gameworks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Updates for Sister Site TES Alliance

10 posts in this topic

Hey Druid Fans and TESA folk,

When our old host suspends the account on TES Alliance, folks are welcome to congregate here where I will continue updating our progress; for those who don't know what's happening I've attached my original TESA post to the end of this. I already have all of our content downloaded so Im not going to contest the next suspension unless I need something else. But I am currently uploading the files/data for TES Alliance to the new server, you can get your updates here in the interim! Druid's site/community are safely on the new server so any content made here is safe.  :construction:

Cheers,

Cole (aka DarkRider)

Hail Allies, Ambassadors, and Elders,

If you popped into TESA yesterday [7/13] you may have been greeted by a really terrible ACCOUNT SUSPENDED warning page. Here is the story on what's been happening.

Ive mentioned hosting issues before, and that we needed to migrate to a new host. The reason for this is that our current host, has been misidentifying normal forum files and flagging them as malware. They told us, we were likely being hacked and that we needed to secure the site for several thousand dollars, OR find a new host because we only get 4 malware flags before we are suspended permanently.

We raised funds and found a new host. The NEW host had a really hard time moving TESA due to its size however, after a month they were really annoyed, hadn't finished the job, kept charging us more money until we just had to cancel the migration. They refused to refund our money.

So I came back to our old host and asked if they were REALLY going to suspend us for this file thing since we'd done our due diligence to keep these "hackers" out. They promised that was not their policy that they would never force anyone to use their security partner and that we were fine to stay...YAY!

So, yesterday, a number of you reported some skin errors after the latest software update. I downloaded the skin update and uploaded it to TESA and BANG...Account Suspended.

The good news is I figured out who the "hacker" is. It's me. :rofl:

Apparently every time I innocently updated something to keep our security up, they were flagging these same files over and over again. The file they flagged yesterday was a normal part of the theme confirmed both by the theme author IPSFocus, and forum software company IPS. Despite bringing this to our host's attention, they refuse to accept they are misidentifying things and the suspension stands.

So what does that mean for TESA?

It means we have 10 days to find ANOTHER new host, and complete the same job those techs couldn't do in a month before TESA and her sister site Druid Gameworks are binned. The site is only visible now because the old host granted a 48 hour reprieve of our suspension so I could access the files for migration.

The Druid lads have kicked in more funds for another host which we secured this morning and the migration is currently underway. With luck, I'll pull this off and you folks will not experience anymore downtime as it should migrate seamlessly. The 48 hour deadline started about an hour ago. I will update as Im able.

We really apologize for this disruption, we've been at the mercy of server hosts and have had no notice of changes, delays, or actions taken in this process. We will fight, I will fight, with everything I've got to keep TESA standing. It might get bumpy, so hang on. :construction:

DarkRider and the TESA Team

Update:

If you've come here from TES Alliance you'll note the hosting account has been re-suspended. They dont seem interested in discussing more time to grab the rest of our files. That means the only copy of TESA left is on my HD. Ive uploaded the board itself to the new server and changed the name servers so the site should pop up shortly on the new server. Im in the process of uploading all of the content so it will be a couple days yet until everything is relocated. Appreciate your patience. :salute:

Update:

I have managed to zip and upload all of the mod files from TESA to the new server. Im now in the process of unzipping the archives to put the mods back in their correct directories. I have zipped attachments and will begin uploading, however, due to the extreme load of attachment data and orphaned files, I will likely only upload those from 2013 and later. Lot of orphaned files here cluttering up the transfer from the pre 2013 era of TESA. I'll keep you posted though. :salute:

Update: 

Okay things are progressing here, just very slowly on the unzipping. Im down to the smaller archives at least :D TESA and Druid both have software renewals due and we're going to need about $200. If you can contribute,  please donate on the forum index here on Druid's forum. We appreciate the help! :construction:

It's showing up for me Don. Down the bottom of the page just above "Who's Online".

It's not a flashy thing, more of a subtly outstretched hand accompanied by a cough that sounds like a mountain sheep that just got some mist in its throat :)

Hey Don, I found that weird hardcore limit last time I donated too and fixed it. Should let you name your price now. It's at the bottom of the index, but I think you have to login to see it :idea:

Thanks Grizz :good:

Update:

I completed the TESA migration this morning so all that remains is for the old host to release the domain to the new host. This is an automated process so there's nothing I can do to expedite it we just have to wait. It was much easier to move Druid because it was under a different registrar. I'll continue updating here as I have news. We still need some donations toward the renewals fees for our board licenses. Thanks to those who have already kicked it, it's much appreciated. Nearly there now :salute: